Why We Give
As Christians, we recognize everything we have comes from God, and we are simply sharing these gifts for Kingdom work. Through our tithes and offerings, we demonstrate in a tangible way our love for God and our neighbors. Each year, we ask our members to commit to their tithes and offerings for the coming year in support of our church’s ministry and mission. We do this for three reasons:
- All we have is a gift from God, so we believe that giving to God’s work is an act of worship.
- At PCC, giving is an expectation of membership. The church does not specify how much an individual should give, but we hope each person will commit a percentage of their income and increase that amount as they are able.
- Annual giving makes possible: worship, programs for children and students, Bible studies, small groups, pastoral care and support, missions, community service, and building and operational needs.
An Approach to Giving
- Begin with prayer.Thank God for your blessings and ask for guidance and discernment.
- Assess your income and giving.Determine your current giving as a percentage of your income.
- Set your giving goal.If you are not currently tithing (giving 10 percent of your income), start with a lower percentage and then plan to increase the percentage each year, growing toward the tithe. The important thing is to begin the spiritual discipline of regular, consistent giving.
- Determine your giving method.Take a look at the ways you can give and select the option that is best for both you and the church.
- Worship with gratitude.Fill out your 2021 annual commitment card and bring it in to worship this month. As a congregation, we will express our gratitude to God and present our cards, representing our commitment to God’s ministry through our church.
Corporate Stewardship & Financial Reporting
As a church, because we value corporate stewardship and transparency, in addition to individual stewardship, we make our quarterly financial statistics available to the public.
A planned gift to the Foundation Trust is one way of furthering your lifetime commitment and stewardship by remembering the Foundation in your will or trust or as a designated beneficiary of another asset. The Foundation ensures the long-range financial growth and sustainability of Pasadena Community Church.
Electronic giving is secure, quick, and easy
Text to Give
Text “GIVEPCCUMC” to 73256 to give using your mobile device.
One-time giftsare simple to set up using a debit or credit card, or from a bank account.
Recurring giftscan be set up on a schedule that works for you, and provide flexibility to track and manage your giving. By setting up a bank transfer, you will save the church approximately 3% compared to credit card fees. We discourage the use of credit cards if you will incur debt in the process.
Appreciated stock or qualified charitable distributions are also giving options. Contact the Finance Department for more information.
For questions or help with your financial giving, please email the Finance Departmentor call them at 727.381.2499 ext. 204